Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Sal's Pointy Notes 8/26/26

 


Wow Various

Razorwind Shores has had an extra vendor for decor, though it's gone today. First it was the Grummlies in case a person needed more coffee cups.  Then, yesterday, as I took down my whole outside garden  (Alliance side) and decided that bits of Loamy Soil from the Niffen would make nice rows for corn, pumpkins, and blueberries to grow in, there was a Niffen vendor and I got six, my poor Horde character only having six coupons. When I raced back today for more, the vendor was gone. :(

I've been doing the daily neighborhood quests on the Alliance side, and have a monumental 209 coupons.  Only five days till the Endeavor switch, so I must be strong and not spend them.  They burn a hole in my pocket, they really do.

 Noting the Renown Vendor on the Coiled Isle sells what looks suspiciously like a pine tree. They might even call it a Pine Tree.  Everyone wants a Christmas tree who celebrates Christmas, but it is gated behind your having completed the new Raid.  Hmm, like all of the nice paintings in the game are gated behind a raid.  Easy to do if you're in a raiding guild, or are brave enough to try LFR.  Dunno.

This week's Arcantina quest is bugged. You're sent to the Broken Shore to go through a portal, sneaking around inside a ship to gather items.  When you try to enter the portal, it pops you right back out.  I saw it happening to others as well.  Might want to fix that. 

Lanterns

In episode two, spoiler alert, the plot thickens and there are indeed aliens in the small Nebraska town of Rushville!  More than one kind of alien, even.   There's a bit more pushback from John towards Hal's bad treatment of him.  With only eight episodes I don't see how the two of them come to work together as long as Hal is such an a&$.  ( I swear like a sailor and more, but don't like to write the words, isn't that a hoot.)

 

The Witcher 3 Remaster

 


 

I'm still back struggling with the Witcher 1 against the advice of my son, who always said just jump ahead to 3, it's much better.   With a free remaster coming to current owners of 3, on September 29, I'm going to load that up on Steam so I'm ready to jump in.  It does look great in the video above.

 

Robocop Reboot with Dan Stevens


 

What do we think of Dan Stevens in a Robocop reboot?  Yay!   I liked the first one best, of course, but watched them all, back in the day.  Dan Stevens is a wonderful actor, I just love him. He's a perfect core of humanity for whatever the Robocop of today's tomorrow may bring.

https://deadline.com/2026/08/dan-stevens-cast-robocop-prime-video-series-1237049398/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sal's Pointy Notes 8/26/26

  Wow Various Razorwind Shores has had an extra vendor for decor, though it's gone today. First it was the Grummlies in case a person ne...