Monday, August 3, 2026

From The Archives The Original Salaryn's Sword

 


 I found some posts from my original Sword blog on an old storage device.  Looking at the dates, I realize that Salaryn's Sword was actually my first blog.  I started a more general blog in early 2008, and it still lives, but the Sword came first.

I'm guessing that all of the time I spent reading and posting on the Star Wars Galaxies forums gave me the idea to post my own ideas that would not need to be part of some argument/discussion.   Just me sharing thoughts about something I loved  (games).

There isn't too much saved, so I'll pull bits out for posts as I go along.

Ten posts a month remains the goal.  Think I'll have it with ease this month, as I'm doing a Sword Post and a Secret Worlds post each day, not sure how long that will last, but it is making me happy. 

 I will be posting several entries written from a stack of magazines I bought and my comments on the contents.  This is about an article in XBox Magazine (I did not have an XBox) April 2008.   Sorry, Emil.

 

 Official XBox Magazine April 2008 I obviously bought this so that I could read about Fallout 3. It sounds like great progress is being made. I like the looks of the VAT system for targeting, we'll see how it actually works. The story within a story that goes with character creation sounds like fun. Nice touch. I'm not sure I like the need to repair weapons and disassemble and reassemble them into new ones, but the concept seems from familiar from some other game I can't recall. The lead dev is the guy who did the Dark Brotherhood quests for Oblivion, I'm reminded by this article. Since I only play the good guy, I haven't done those so...this Emil guy looks all sweet and cheery in his pictures but...tsk. No other articles really of interest to moi in this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Peek Into the Classic Era Server

 It looks like my son will be playing the Wow Forever game version when it comes out, so I decided to look at my Classic Era characters to r...