Monday, September 28, 2026

A Peek Into the Classic Era Server

 It looks like my son will be playing the Wow Forever game version when it comes out, so I decided to look at my Classic Era characters to refresh myself on Vanilla play.

Stormwind! Yikes!


 

Note: except for a Warlock I created this morning, all of my Classic Era characters are Dead Refugees from the Hardcore server.  There was a window of time where you could re-start your deadie on Hardcore, or move them to an Era server.  The option may be back, not sure.

In any case, all I played in Hardcore were Paladins and Priests (Holy).   Usually the Priest was used as a banker to hold any and all valuables, resources, money for the likely Dead characters.  My level 7 Priest when I brought her up, had a full inventory, and no bank space.  But, 2 gold!

I took her out for a spin anyway to see how the game plays in advance of Forever.  I understand Forever has some fine tuning?  My small play time reminded me:

No mana.

No money.

No inventory space.

No bank space.

Do not try to fight more than one mob at a time.

Run, run. 

 

I created a Warlock this morning to see how my Forever main might play, and had mana issues like mad.  She faces that awful Stolen Tome quest for her Warlock trainer.  I have got to get the Forever version right in there to get that book while there are a million people around killing stuff when Forever goes live. As far as how well she fights, I think Warlock is a good choice.  Hits hard enough, plus pets.  That's all I need because I will not be fighting alone, right Mr. Big?

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Peek Into the Classic Era Server

 It looks like my son will be playing the Wow Forever game version when it comes out, so I decided to look at my Classic Era characters to r...