My sister in law somehow knew I'm temporarily in superhero mode. She doesn't give birthday or Christmas gifts, but at random intervals she drops off huge bags loaded with (stuff).
This comic was in the current batch. $4.99 for a comic, eek. Also the paper is slick. I gave my library of comics to my son when he got his own place, or I could check pricing and paper quality. A comic should have a certain smell, that comes from that nice paper it used to be printed on.
Let me share my mother in law's phrase for passing on something to a child whilst everyone is still alive: I warm handed my comics collection to him. It will grow on you.
As for the story, it was OK. I'm used to comics and characters being way larger than life, and super dramatic about every single thing on the page. This isn't that.

No comments:
Post a Comment