I follow a fair few authors on Facebook, and many are concerned about AI harvesting their work and spitting it out for someone else, and some teach and wonder how to deal with the onslaught of papers turned in written by a few lines of code somewhere instead of by their erstwhile students.
In my mind, that's all it is, lines of code giving back answers to queries in the mode that most suits the question. I don't give it much thought. I know it's more complex than that, of course I do.
When it comes to the point where we have what seems like a person behind the lines of code struggling to get out, I will pay more attention.
That said, I have my weaknesses! I've noticed new Search Tools on Google search including Create Images. I love to illustrate what I write with pictures. If I could only draw! And right there, on my trusted search tool is an offer to illustrate somewhat to my liking all the silly stuff in my head. Boink! I have not tried it. One of my sisters will try it and send everyone their pictures.
The other AI output I find amusing is the AI Overview for my blogs. AI had lots to say about The Last Chapter blog that made it sound pretty great, frankly. It now has a new take on the Salaryn's Sword blog and its content every day. AI has nothing better to do with it's time, does it? In any case, it mentions the Pointy Sword Awards now and then, as if it were hot news that it will be revived.
Here's today's result:




No comments:
Post a Comment