Saturday, September 19, 2026

Blizzcon and Beyond

 


Welcome back!  You may have noticed I trashed the two posts I ‘wrote” about Blizzcon.  Now I’m two posts short for September’s 10. What to do?

 

Blizzcon

I really wasn’t feeling well. I now know I need to skip the first hour of the keynote/opening ceremonies.  There’s nothing I’m interested in presented in that hour.  I made it through by watching the comments along the right side of the screen.  They were silly and childish, apparently just what I needed to get through.   I won’t repeat comments per se, but there were a ton of:

Skip  Skip Skip

Turtle emojis, tomato emojis, poo emojis

L   (Lose) says my son

The audience!   That was the most unresponsive audience I have ever seen.  In my wisdom I thought “these are all Wow fans, they don’t want any of this”.    Then they get to the Wow portion and dead dead dead.   Aren’t these superfans in the audience?

I wanted quite a bit more about Midnight going bye bye (so done with it), and lots of teases/info about The Last Titan.   Practically zip given because they don’t want to spoil the plot.  There’s still a plot?

Ok there’s the big reveal that the powerful  Worldsoul of Azeroth is a big glowing ball with the blade of Sargeras near it. And Xala’tath is easily able to crank open the door to the chamber and is gleefully ready to take the Soul.   Can’t wait for that to play out. 

The big reveal of course was Wow Forever, the game breaker, the world shaker!  Classic+, Wow2, everything you ever wanted and didn’t know it.   I was hugely impressed they are ready to go, and it releases November 4, for the plebeians among us.

I feel like I’ve left Classic behind, then they come out with something so huge, gotta take a look.   Mr. Big and I are going to play. Using the same last name so we can find each other in the crowds.  

I’m reading the forums and Wow associated sites, and the overall reaction is hugely positive.  My spouse actually prefers the Classic era of gameplay.  He wants his wands back! 

The oddity of giving health potions to First Aid kind of bugs me.  It didn’t work out so well in Draenor, did it?   On the other hand, my main character doesn’t need to be an Alchemist at all, so that makes my main a Tailor character, with a Human Hunter to do Leatherworking and Skinning.

A much better write up than my little scrawls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Peek Into the Classic Era Server

 It looks like my son will be playing the Wow Forever game version when it comes out, so I decided to look at my Classic Era characters to r...